2014年5月29日星期四

Thoughts about my research paper

     That's very interesting that my final research is very different from beginning.
     I choose the topic about Sherlock because I am a big fan of BBC Sherlock. BC and Martin Freeman are both handsome. I just want to do some research about that TV show. In fact, I didn't notice the Chinese elements in Sherlock. However, when I mentioned some Chinese's view of the blind banker, Dr. Marquardt thought it's interesting and I also thought it could be suitable for a Chinese student to do this research.
     However, it is not easy to do, because the resources, especially English academic resources are difficult to find. When I was doing research, I even found my own blog article which is my statement of research paper. That's so interesting. I am the only one to do this research. That's seems cool but I can't find others' thought about my topic.
     I tried to build my own structure of this topic and find a lot of resources about elements I will mention in my paper.And finally I did it.
     Writing a research paper is like giving birth a baby. I got this metaphor in Dr. Marquardt's class. Now I believe it's true. The process of writing is really hard. But I am so happy after I finished it. And I like my paper just like mommy loves her baby.
     As an English major students, I will give birth a lot of "baby" in the future and I decide t enjoy every process because writing is a practice of both heart and body.
     I still remember that I promise I will write a paper about influence of audiences's feedback for TV show. I hope that's will be easier to research than Sherlock.
     Finally, thank you, Jennifer. Thanks for your guide!

没有评论:

发表评论